Aims and Scope
- Joint Diseases and Related Surgery (formerly published as Eklem Hastalıkları ve Cerrahisi) is the official publication of the Turkish Joint Diseases Foundation.
- Joint Diseases and Related Surgery is open access journal. The full text of the articles of the Journal is freely available without embargo since 1990.
- Joint Diseases and Related Surgery is international, double-blind peer-reviewed periodical journal bringing the latest developments in all aspects of joint diseases and related surgey.
- Joint Diseases and Related Surgery is indexed in Science Citation Index Expanded/Journal Citation Report, PubMed/MEDLINE, PubMed Central (PMC), Scopus, TÜBİTAK, ULAKBİM/TR Dizin, and Turkish Citation Index.
- The Journal is published three times a year (April, August and December).
- The Journal welcomes original clinical and empirical scientific research articles, reviews and case reports (limited number) or clinical pictures (limited number) on joint diseases and related surgery, arthroplasty, arthroscopy, general orthopedics and traumatology written only in English. Manuscripts submitted to the Journal must be original studies to attract readers' interest. Evident contributions to the field, correctness of the results, clear explanation of the methodology enabling to reproduce the results independently are important.
- Statements and opinions expressed in the articles are those of the author(s) and not necessarily those of the editors and the publisher.
- Turkish Joint Diseases Foundation has the international copyright of all the material published in the Journal. The Journal’s content is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC 4.0).
Joint Diseases and Related Surgery aims:
- Raising awareness of the burden of joint diseases & injuries
- Increasing knowledge of the suffering and costs of joint diseases & injuries
- Improving access to cost-effective prevention and treatment
- Increasing research into joint diseases & injuries, prevention and treatment
Editor-in-chief have full authority over the entire editorial content of the Journal and the timing of publication of that content. Journal owners do not interfere in the evaluation, selection, scheduling, or editing of individual articles either directly or by creating an environment that strongly influences decisions. Editors and referees do base editorial decisions on the validity of the work and its importance to the Journal’s readers, not on the commercial implications for the Journal, and editors are free to express critical but responsible views about all aspects of medicine without fear of retribution, even if these views conflict with the commercial goals of the publisher.
The editorial and publication processes of the Journal are conducted in accordance with the guidelines of the International Council of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE), the World Association of Medical Editors (WAME), the Council of Science Editors (CSE), and the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE), the European Association of Science Editors (EASE), and National Information Standards Organization (NISO). The Journal conforms with the Principles of Transparency and Best Practice in Scholarly Publishing (doaj.org/bestpractice).
All expenses and costs related to the journal are covered by the authors’ fees. Advertisements of pharmaceutical firms and medical device manufacturers are allowed to be published in the printed version. Please contact to the Editorial Office for the advertisements. Advertisement images are only allowed to be published with the approval of the Editor-in-Chief.
Article Processing Charge (APC) to be paid by the Authors of the Accepted Articles for Publication in the Journal: The authors with accepted articles for publication in the Journal will be required to make a financial contribution. This contribution share will be determined according to the number of pages which the articles cover in the Journal and it will become 110 $ or 100 € or 700 TL per page. This fee will be collected in advance before the publishing services. This amount will not be repaid even if the article is afterwards withdrawn by the authors for any reason.
Editor-in-Chief: O. Şahap Atik, MD, Professor
Mustafa Kemal Mahallesi, Dumlupınar Bulvarı 274/2 C2 Blok Ofis: 5 Çankaya, Ankara, TURKEY
Phone: +90 312 467 96 86
Publisher: Bayçınar Tıbbi Yayıncılık
Örnek Mah., Dr. Suphi Ezgi Sok., Saray Apt. No:11, D:6 34704 Ataşehir, İstanbul, TURKEY
Phone: +90 216 317 41 14
Fax: +90 216 317 63 68
Web page: www.baycinartibbiyayincilik.com
Web design, continuance and maintanance: Yazılım Parkı Bilişim Teknolojileri D.O.R.P. Ltd. Şti.
Bilkent 1605. Cadde Cyberpark Vakıf Binası No: 208 06800 Çankaya, Ankara, TURKEY
Phone: +90 (312) 429 0023
Web page: www.yazilimparki.com.tr